Types of Organization for Exhibitions:
Internal organization which includes the following:
Exhibitions that are directly organized by the Kuwait International Fair Company. It is responsible for the exhibition completely. These exhibitions are various (specialized – consumption – commercial)
Exhibitions held on the exhibition site and organized by external organizers of the following kinds:
· Exhibitions organized by the Government and official bodies and these are governmental exhibitions
· Exhibitions organized by companies holding a license for organizing exhibitions and these are commercial exhibitions
· Exhibitions organized by individuals who own a license for organizing exhibitions and these are youth exhibitions
External exhibitions organized by international and world organizers.
Participation Means in Exhibitions:
· Concerning exhibitions that are organized by the Kuwait International Fair Company, in case the first exhibition is being organized, a map is distributed between companies wishing to participate. The primary sites are chosen based on larger spaces. If the exhibition is renewed, priority is given to companies who previously participated to choose their locations. The remaining sites are distributed between companies participating for the first time.
· Concerning exhibitions that are organized by others internally and externally, they are signed and renewed after the parties agree to all the points and aspects included in the contract.
Lease of Spaces:
· At internal exhibitions, the spaces are determined after comparing them with similar exhibitions based on the space and time for organizing the exhibition.
· At internal and external exhibitions, the price is set forth based on the issued administrative decision as follows:
· Governmental and official bodies: price of a square meter per day is KD 2.
· Commercial companies: price of a square meter per day is KD 1.500.
· Charities and youth exhibitions: price of a square meter per day is KD 1.250.
· Exhibitions organized by the Kuwait International Fair Company may be renewed automatically if it shall succeed. It shall be included in the schedule for the following year and the marketing sale procedures of the exhibition shall commence.
· Exhibitions organized by others internally and externally may be renewed after the parties shall agree on all provisions pertaining to organizing an exhibition.
Dealing with Agents:
Agents shall be dealt with based on commission and classification according to the size of the space sold by them at every exhibition. Therefore, determining the commission rate based on the administrative
decision shall be as follows:
· Area of 350 square meters and above: 25%
· Less than 350 to 200 square meters: 20%
· Less than 200 to 100 square meters: 10%
· Less than 100 to 50 square meters: 5%